Woodland thinning is an important part of woodland management. Thinning your woodland stand helps the retained trees grow thicker and faster, increasing their value as timber or wood fuel. Thinning your woodland can also increase its ecological value by allowing more light to the woodland floor.
Epic Tree Care carries out woodland thinning in Moray, Banffshire and Aberdeenshire. Our team of experienced qualified contractors can thin your woodland to the required density. We have a variety of machinery that can be used to extract thinnings. Extracted thinnings can then be sold for processing into firewood or biomass. Sustainable, locally produced wood fuel is an important source of energy and employment in northeast Scotland.
The Benefits of Our Woodland Thinning Service
There is a variety of reasons that local landowners choose to use our woodland thinning service in Northeast Scotland, rather than approaching another service provider that operates in this part of the country.
- Reliability – We have completed dozens of woodland thinning projects in recent years, all of which have been a complete success. If you want to partner with a team that prides itself on offering a consistently high standard of service and that will always be there when you need it, Epic Tree Care is the right company for you.
- Equipment – We have all the necessary equipment to carry out thinning activities in both urban and remote locations. We will be able to extract all thinnings after the work has been completed, leaving your woodland ready to thrive in the future.
- Personnel – Every member of our team is a fully trained, highly skilled professional, with years of forestry experience. Having worked on many local projects in the past, we are aware of the unique challenges this area has to offer and we’re happy to be able to offer woodland thinning services that meet all the needs of local landowners.
- Professional Attitude – We approach every job with a completely professional attitude, which helps to ensure that we’re able to perform to the best of our abilities at all times. If you would like to work with arboricultural experts who take real pride in the work they perform, you need to call Epic Tree Care.
These are all very good reasons to choose Epic Tree Care but why should you consider woodland thinning in the first place?
The Advantages of Woodland Thinning
The main reason for thinning woodland areas is to improve the health of tree stock as a whole and to encourage robust future growth. These aims can be achieved through woodland thinning thanks to the following advantages it has to offer:
- Less Competition for Daily Essentials – With fewer specimens in the same area, competition for nutrients, sun and water will be less intense, offering smaller and less vigorous trees the chance to establish themselves. The health of your woodland as a whole should improve as the best balance between trees and their surroundings is found.
- Reduced Risk of Disease – More space in between individual specimens makes it harder for diseases to spread among the local tree population.
- Fewer Pests – Less crowded conditions are also less hospitable to many of the pests that can plague woodland areas in this part of the country when given the chance.
- Better Conditions for Wildlife to Flourish – By thinning out your trees to a point where more sunlight is able to reach the ground, you can encourage smaller vegetation to grow and, in turn, provide an environment for small mammals and other wildlife to flourish.
We operate with £5 million Public Liability Insurance and £10 million Employers Liability Insurance.
|Professional Tree Inspection||Lantra Professional Tree Inspection|
|Lifting Equipment||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Thorough Examination of Arboricultural Equipment|
|Chainsaw||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-cutting|
|Chainsaw||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Ground Based Chainsaw Operator|
|Chainsaw (200-380mm)||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Felling Small Trees up to 380mm|
|Chainsaw (over 380)||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm|
|Windblow||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Severing Uprooted or Windblown Trees using a Chainsaw|
|Assisted Fell||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Assisted Fell Operations|
Working at Height
|Rescue||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue|
|Chainsaw||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Using a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness|
|Chainsaw||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Aerial Tree Pruning|
|Chainsaw||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques|
|Rigging||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Aerial Tree Rigging|
|Utilities||Utility Arboriculture||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Utility Arboriculture Basic Electrical Knowledge|
|Chokerman – Skyline||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Forest Machine Operations – Chokerman|
|Base Skidder||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Forest Machine Operations – Base Machine with Skidder|
|Forwarder||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Forest Machine Operations – Base Machine with Forwarder|
|Mulcher||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Forest Machine Operations – Flail/Mulcher|
|Felling||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Forest Machine Operations – Felling|
|First Aid||First Aid||Emergency First Aid at Work + Forestry|