Tree Felling Services in Aberdeenshire & Moray
Felling trees in a woodland or forest presents particular challenges. Trees can become hung up in neighbouring trees. While trees on the edge of the woodland are often leaning away from where you want to fell them. Once trees are felled, they will need to be cut and moved to timber stacks for collection.
Epic Tree Care has experienced tree surgeons who are skilled in felling trees in woodlands and forests in Moray, Banffshire and Aberdeenshire. We can provide timber harvesting for small woodlands in northeast Scotland. With tractor-mounted forwarders and other machinery to extract timber from small woodland sites. Or on larger forestry sites we can work alongside machine harvesters to fell and process large and difficult trees.
For felling trees in gardens and built-up areas, please visit the tree surgeon section of our website. There you will find information on our tree surgery services across Moray, Banffshire, Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen city.
Why Choose Our Commercial Tree Felling Services?
The majority of our customers share the same goal: to work with a team of arboricultural specialists that is capable of providing them with a turnkey tree felling service. This is the primary reason that they have all ended up together, as happy clients of Epic Tree Care. We provide a full range of all-inclusive tree felling services to commercial and public sector clients in Northeast Scotland, including everything from helping with felling applications, to future replanting plans. Among the specific areas in which we will be delighted to provide you with our professional assistance, those listed below are most commonly requested by our existing customers.
- Assistance with Applications for Felling Licences – With the penalty for unlicensed felling as much as £5,000 per tree, you do not want to make a mistake when it comes to the paperwork that will need to be completed before felling commences. Let our team provide you with full support throughout the application process and you can avoid making any costly errors.
- Help with Felling Operation Calculations – To ensure that the whole operation goes smoothly from start to finish, we can help you to make all the necessary calculations, such as the estimated volume of timber that is expected from the project. With our specialists to back you, it will be much easier to complete the whole operation in a timely and efficient manner.
- Mapping of Area Where Felling Is to Take Place – Once the areas of felling have been identified, we can create a map of your land detailing felling areas, as part of the tree felling services that we offer. Our detailed maps provide a clear picture of where tree felling operations should take place, helping you to obtain the necessary licenses and plan your site efficiently.
- Felling Completed by Experienced Professionals – The felling itself will, of course, be completed by fully qualified and insured tree surgeons with many years of experience. All work will be carried out in accordance with recommended industry practices and relevant government regulations. As highly skilled arboricultural professionals, we are capable of tackling large and complex felling operations with impressive levels of speed and efficiency.
- Replanting Assistance – In the majority of cases, replanting is the preferred option after a tree felling operation has been completed. We can help you to choose the right type of trees if you wish to replant and we can even help you to manage your new plantation as well if desired. Many landowners use this time as an opportunity to introduce more appropriate species of trees if there were any issues with the original specimens.
Whether you need a little help with a small operation or you would like us to manage a large-scale tree felling project on your behalf, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can call or email with details of your requirements at any time.
We operate with £5 million Public Liability Insurance and £10 million Employers Liability Insurance.
|Professional Tree Inspection||Lantra Professional Tree Inspection|
|Lifting Equipment||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Thorough Examination of Arboricultural Equipment|
|Chainsaw||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-cutting|
|Chainsaw||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Ground Based Chainsaw Operator|
|Chainsaw (200-380mm)||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Felling Small Trees up to 380mm|
|Chainsaw (over 380)||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm|
|Windblow||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Severing Uprooted or Windblown Trees using a Chainsaw|
|Assisted Fell||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Assisted Fell Operations|
Working at Height
|Rescue||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue|
|Chainsaw||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Using a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness|
|Chainsaw||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Aerial Tree Pruning|
|Chainsaw||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques|
|Rigging||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Aerial Tree Rigging|
|Utilities||Utility Arboriculture||City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Utility Arboriculture Basic Electrical Knowledge|
|Chokerman – Skyline||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Forest Machine Operations – Chokerman|
|Base Skidder||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Forest Machine Operations – Base Machine with Skidder|
|Forwarder||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Forest Machine Operations – Base Machine with Forwarder|
|Mulcher||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Forest Machine Operations – Flail/Mulcher|
|Felling||City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Forest Machine Operations – Felling|
|First Aid||First Aid||Emergency First Aid at Work + Forestry|